Sunday, April 25, 2010

Good Boy

I feel like I haven't blogged about Jarrett enough. Apparently drama and trouble are the things that make it onto here, and since Jarrett doesn't cause any of that, he goes under the radar. When I took this picture I was tempted to delete it until I saw the pure joy and excitement on Jarrett's face. That's totally him.

The other day I went to the party store to order balloons for Danielle's birthday and I told the kids they could pick out a treat. As I went to pay for it I realized that I had forgotten my wallet at home and told the kids to put their treats back. I finished placing my balloon order and hurried the kids out. When we made it to the car, I saw the treat still in Jarrett's hand and in one of my "stellar" parenting moments said, "Jarrett! I told you to put that back! We haven't paid for it and that's stealing!" He, of course, didn't mean to and must have not understood what I said in the store. When we got back out in the car after taking the treat back to the store he just melted into a puddle of tears. He does not want to cause trouble and he was heartbroken that I said he had stolen something. Time for me to backpedal. "I'm sorry," I blurted. "You didn't do anything wrong." A good minute of consoling and he was okay. He's such a good kid!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Fun updates! I miss all of you. Give everyone a hug and pet Kitty for me. Love ya.