Sunday, April 25, 2010

Happy Birthday, Danielle!

After 45 days of counting down and numerous hours of planning (by her), Danielle's 7th birthday finally came! She takes birthdays very seriously and made sure that every detail that needed to be taken care of was covered. She gave me diagrams for decorations and the cake. She made various reminders for everyone in the family so we wouldn't forget her birthday. She boldly told people they could call her first thing in the morning or come by any time to give her a present.

Luckily we somehow met enough of her expectations to make her happy.When we put her to bed at the end of her special day, she was close to tears because it was all over.

I am grateful to her because I know she made a lot of exceptions to her plans to make my life easier. She was fine with a store bought cake, and was flexible to when we had to have her birthday dinner the night before. She may have just turned seven, but she acts so much older!

1 comment:

Sue and Steve said...

When I was little, I used to be SO sad on December 26, because never was Christmas so far away! (Now I am happiest on that day, and for the same reason!)