Maybe it was because I was sleep deprived, but it seems like Halloween lasted FOREVER this year. It started with a party on Thursday for Liesl's preschool. Apparently she didn't want to participate in some of the games until her teacher figured out a way to make them more kitty friendly, such as telling her the donuts-on-a-string were kitty food. When they sang their Halloween songs for the parents, I was dutifully recording it when she told me to not watch her and sat down on the ground. Maybe she really is becoming a moody cat!
Danielle and Jarrett had their school parade on Friday. Robert attended that one. When Jarrett left for school, he didn't want to wear his costume but I had Robert take it in case he changed his mind, which he did.
And yes, it is the same costume as the last two years.
Then we had a church trunk-or-treat Friday night. Here's Danielle in her mermaid costume:
She had made a crown to go with it but it got lost that night. She obviously didn't let it get her down too much!
The next day they tricked and treated around German School. After that, we had enough candy but that didn't stop Robert from making more sweets for Halloween. Check this out:
Very impressive, and just as tasty!
Sunday night they all went to a friend's house for a pit fire and ghost stories while I stayed home to hand out candy. You'd think our Halloween adventures would have ended then, but due to our upside down schedule, we had not yet carved pumpkins, so we did that on Monday night.
Luckily, the kids didn't care that we extended the festivities one more day. Actually, it was two because Robert and I didn't finish the jack-o-lanterns until the kids were in bed on Monday, so we lit them on Tuesday night. Finally, we were finished with Halloween 2010. It only took six days!


1 comment:
Fun updates. Especially like the tombstones on the cake. I'm sooo excited to see my kids!
Post a Comment