The next room is beyond girly and is Danielle's dream come true. It was a lot more work than I thought it would be, but she was very patient. Actually, when we first started painting, I told her that I'd have her room finished by Thanksgiving, and then it turned into Christmas, and then the end of Christmas break. I did have most of it finished by then, but it took a few more days to finish it all. Here's the princess on her royal bed:
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Adventures in Painting - Kids' Rooms
When it came time to paint the kids' rooms, I didn't worry about whether a color was too dark or too old-fashioned or too gray. The kids told me what they wanted, and I just did it. There was almost an exhilarating/rebellious feeling that came when I painted this dark blue wall:
The rocket, stars and planets are wall stickers. The yellow moon and blue star are actually lamps, which are great night lights. Here's the rest of the room that we've dubbed "the space room":
By the way, the rooms are never this clean, but we cleaned them this morning and I had to take pictures right away.
The next room is beyond girly and is Danielle's dream come true. It was a lot more work than I thought it would be, but she was very patient. Actually, when we first started painting, I told her that I'd have her room finished by Thanksgiving, and then it turned into Christmas, and then the end of Christmas break. I did have most of it finished by then, but it took a few more days to finish it all. Here's the princess on her royal bed:
Yes, I even painted the ceiling. And here's the one who's really in command around here:
Those are more wall lamps. This is the reason it took so long to finish the room:
Stencils. All the way around. Of course the part that's Danielle's favorite only took me five minutes:
Once again, it's a sticker mural. Love them, although we had to wait a month for the paint to cure before we hung them. Then it took a while to get the rest of the items hung up (bed curtain, lamps, dresses, etc.) so it's been a long work in progress, but I think we are officially finished with the kids' rooms. Now it's time for the kitchen, powder room hallways . . . yikes! Hopefully we can get most of it finished by July before we get the puppy (I can just imagine painted paw prints all over the floor!)
The next room is beyond girly and is Danielle's dream come true. It was a lot more work than I thought it would be, but she was very patient. Actually, when we first started painting, I told her that I'd have her room finished by Thanksgiving, and then it turned into Christmas, and then the end of Christmas break. I did have most of it finished by then, but it took a few more days to finish it all. Here's the princess on her royal bed:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You are so talented! What lucky(and darling)children you have. Now if L could only be so lucky to get the last little bit of her room done. Someday...
Loves and misses to you ALL!!!
Fun to see the final touches. I like the "earth" pictures in the space room....that's the perfect place for them! And the lamps are too cute.
Looks great! Can you come do my walls? Nice job. Can't wait to see it in person. What kind of puppy?
It doesn't look like the same house! SO glad you are enjoying it! What neat rooms for kids!
Whoa my... that is fantastic!! Wish I could have that sort of creativity--and energy! Aren't you pregnant, too? :) Jen, you are amazing. Super excited to see this in person! (and if I can help in the process--let me know... even if it's just taking all the kids out...)
Post a Comment