The other morning we heard her crawl out of her crib, close our bedroom door, go downstairs, and head out the front door. We couldn't believe it, and by the time Robert got outside, she was halfway down the driveway, "looking for mommy," she said. What the ?!? Not sure where that came from. Needless to say we're installing a childproof lock now.
I love that she tries to dress herself and will get her own snacks and fills her own water bottle (now that she doesn't spill it every time). She loves to help me cook, but once again, the lack of judgment is often scary. As is the park--she has no fear.
One more tidbit: I finally figured out that whenever Liesl gets a cold, her MO is to throw up within the first 24 hours. I don't know why I didn't figure it out until this last cold, but from now on I will be prepared. This last time she was acting okay, just a runny nose, so I went to the hardware store with her and Jarrett and stopped at Starbucks to get some hot chocolate for them as a reward for being good. As I walked up to the cashier, Liesl started coughing and then, out of nowhere, threw up all over me. The poor cashier just turned away and I made a beeline for the exit. I've decided greater love hath no mom than to catch her child's throw up so it doesn't go on the floor . . .
1 comment:
I love it!!!! You totally made me laugh. Liesl's independent streak reminds me of my oldest daughter and your comment about no greater love hath a mom was so true. I had my own experience this past week when my son cut his foot on broken glass and needed a couple of stitches. I had to take my other kids with me to the doctor's and when Miriam saw her brother's foot with all of the blood she started throwing up. Luckily I got her to the trash can in time, but it was a close call.
Post a Comment