Tuesday, May 12, 2009

First Haircut

Liesl got her first haircut. Before we went, I asked her if she wanted to go, and she emphatically said "NO!" Then I told her I'd get her a gumball, and we couldn't leave fast enough. Before we got to the salon, we went to the next door newsstand that has a huge gumball machine, which was also next to a candy section (at child's eye level, of course). She chose some candy instead, and I told her if she was good for her haircut she could have it.

When it was her turn, she let me put her on the chair (I didn't even have to sit with her) and I let her hold onto the candy while she got her hair cut. I've never seen her sit that still before! She did a great job, and as soon as the cape came off, I opened her candy.

BEFORE
AFTER

No comments: