(Warning: This is brag blog—proceed with caution!)
Today is the day I’ve been looking forward to since we decided to send Danielle to kindergarten—assessment day. I knew she was a smarty, but now it’s official. Her teacher was blown away, and now we’re looking at having her go to a second grade class for reading. I was thinking first grade, so I was surprised too! She can actually read second grade books, but needs to work on her comprehension.
Danielle’s also ahead of the curve in math, but I’ll observe how she does in that before I push her more. I’m actually afraid to push her in anything and sometimes think I should just let her enjoy herself this year and get used to the classroom setting. She’ll have plenty of stress the rest of her life, why rush it? I don’t know. However, after today’s meeting, I do know that her teacher will work with me to do what’s best for Danielle. It will certainly be an interesting year!
3 comments:
Isn't it nice to have confirmed what you know! I'm glad they're working with you and letting her shine. Loves to all!!!
Such beautiful, bright children! Give them each a hug and kiss for me. This is such a fun way to get updates. I love your blog template--it's very much you.
Sweet! And you jerk for not telling me you had a blog! How can I keep up with my friends if they don't tell me these things?! Good job on Danielle!
Post a Comment